About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two boys. I am taking this class to keep my certification.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Week 13- EDM310 podcasts

I listened to the following podcasts for this weeks assignment:  ss0513, ss0414, ss0216, and  the interview with Dr. Strange (there was no identification number for this one).  The first podcast I listened to was about burp back education.  This is a topic that Dr. Strange addresses in his class.  This group did a good job.  Their introductions were nicely done and I like how they stated their goals along with telling us a little about themselves.  I followed this podcast easily and thought it was very organized and very well thought out.  The students gave good explanations and good examples when needed.  The group leader kept the podcast moving and the group members responded well to one another.  There were a few "ums" and one group member needed to be careful of how she pronounced certain words.  For example, she said "thang" instead of "thing".  This podcast had a good flow to it, a good pace, and very good direction.

The second podcast was a interview of Dr. Strange.  His voice was clear, and loud.  He made the listener feel comfortable and his thought process was easy to follow.  The podcast had a good flow, but I was a little distracted by the clicking noise I heard every now and then.  The third podcast I listened to about useful websites was a good example of how a group should take turns.  This group was very informative and kept the conversation moving.  The sites that were provided were good and were each a little different than the other.  The guy in this group needed to be careful of his "um"'s and "uh"'s.  He seemed to not be as comfortable about what he was saying.  One lady in this group needed to be careful of the grammar she was using.  But over all this podcast was good and the group seemed very comfortable with what they were doing.

The fourth and final podcast was about technology used in the classrooms at USA.  This was the least informative podcast I listened to.  The guy in this group talked about a cool technology that some of the teachers use and he was very informative.  He answered questions from his group members very well.  The other two members did not shed any light on technology being used that I did not already know about.  I feel they could have dug a little deeper and came up with better information than what they did.    I tried to listen to my podcast but it is not available yet, but I was there when it was recorded and have a feeling that we did a good job.
The 

4 comments: