About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two boys. I am taking this class to keep my certification.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Week 8- Fall 08 Podcasts

I listened to "My classes at South: How technology is used in them" by Matthew and Jill and "What I learned from Randy Pausch" by Brandy, Amanda, and Daniel. In listening to these podcasts I realized how easy it is to say certain words to use as a filler. The words um, like, you know, and uh were in almost every sentence. I will be doing my podcast this Tuesday and I am going to try very hard to keep myself from using those word. It becomes annoying and distracting. I caught myself counting how many times one lady said the word "um" and was not listening to what she was really saying.

The positives about the first podcast were that the guy had a nice slow clear voice. He was very easy to understand and I was able to follow him easily. Both podcasters knew what they were talking about, but at the same time both became confused half way through their talking points. The negatives about the first podcast were they both seemed to get confused, they both jumped around a bit on the topics, and the flow of the conversation was choppy. Their different points did not flow together. I became a little confused about some of the things they talked about.

The positives about the second podcast were that this team had fun with each other. They teased one another and that made it fun to listen to. The 2 ladies sounded professional and knew what they were talking about. The young man was a bit rude and insensitive. He did not seem to have put alot of work into this assignment. I could only find one negative thing about this podcast (besides the young man) and that was their thought could have been a little more organized and they could have had specific points they wanted to talk about.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Joyce. I look forward to hearing your podcast tonight.

    ReplyDelete